Welcome to the School of Psychosocial Health:
The School of Psychosocial Health comprises of two subject groups: The subject group of Psychology and the subject group of Social Work.
The School has the following expertise:
- The development of a culture-sensitive research method, called the Mmogo™-method.
- The Tomatis Method, applied in clinical context and research in the Institute of Psychology and Well-being (IPW).
- The development and implementation of empowering programmes for a wide spectrum of participants, e.g. people living with HIV/AIDS, the dying and bereaved and the aged.
- Forensic Social Work and child protection.
- Positive Psychology and the strengths perspective on human well-being.
- Survivor to Thriver programme.
Fields of study:
- Clinical/ Counselling/ Research Psychology
- Forensic Practice
- Child Protection