The Hypertension Research and Training Clinic
All the research activities and postgraduate training take place in the Hypertension Research and Training Clinic. These activities are part of the HART group's community service involvement and also focuses attention on cardiovascular disease prevention.
Expertise in the performance of various techniques of determining cardiovascular function, such as:
- 24 hour blood pressure monitoring,
- ultrasound measurements of the carotid artery,
- transthoracic echocardiography,
- continuous blood pressure monitoring,
- application of various stressors when assessing vascular function;
- and assessing retinal vessels for early changes in the microcirculation.
Expertise in determining related cardiovascular risk markers, including:
- ultrasound measurements of subcutaneous and visceral fat,
- conducting questionnaires,
- and performing biochemical analyses for determining blood/urine/salivary levels of specific hormones, peptides, glycoproteins or cytokines.
Contact: +27 (0)18 285 2261 | Office hours: 08:00 - 16:00 (Mondays - Fridays)