The following process should be followed to apply for a master or doctoral study:
- Apply online to Higher Degree Admissions
- Please email a letter of interest, your CV, your most recent study record, information on previous degrees (if applicable), and a copy of your ID (or passport) to our research entity (MUSAemail@example.com) before the end of September (part-time master’s-degree and PhD students) or the end of August (fourth-year Pharmacy students who want to do an academic internship with a master’s-degree study).
- Please confirm by email (MUSAfirstname.lastname@example.org) or telephonically with Mrs Lauren Adam (018 299 2287) that we have received your application.
The scientific committee of the research entity will first do a paper selection to identify applicants, who will then be invited for an interview with the scientific committee.
- Selection is subject to academic performance, practical considerations and capacity and expertise available in the research entity and subject group.
- Prospective students are recommended to have achieved at least 60% in the first semester of the final year of the BPharm degree (preferably for fourth-year BPharm students), or provide equivalent evidence of competency (e.g. international students).
- Practise experience and prior learning in the field of pharmacy will be an advantage.
- Applicants who pass the paper selection will be invited to an interview with all available members of the scientific committee.
- The scientific committee of the research entity will make the final decision.
- An official approval letter will be forwarded to you by Higher Admissions of the North-West University.
- Getting a student number/university number does not imply that you have already been accepted for the programme that you have applied for. A student number/university number is issued for administrative purposes only.
- All documents submitted must be certified by a commissioner of oaths, attorney and/or university official.
- If any of your qualifications were obtained at a non-South African institution, an evaluation certificate issued by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) must be submitted.
- Please note that if any of the documents you have to submit were issued in your maiden name, you also have to submit a certified marriage certificate.