Master of Nursing Science
Programme code: 8CJ N01
- Nursing (G801P)
Programme code: 833 100
- Psychiatric Community Nursing (G834P)
Minimum requirements of the qualification
- A four year Bachelors qualification in Nursing Science or any other equivalent qualification approved by the Senate is required. Specific admission requirements for the particular curriculums in this programme are mentioned below.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- At least 60% in the research methodology module of the B degree
Additional requirements and faculty specific rules
- Students, who want to practise as a nurse in South Africa, should provide proof of registration as a nurse at the South African Nursing Council.
- To be admitted to any of the programmes/curricula, a student should have obtained at least 60% in the research methodology module of the B degree or equivalent qualification.
- The selection process will take place from the 1st of October. The director of NuMIQ and experts of the particular study field/programme will select candidates based on documents presented with application, an essay for evaluation of the candidate’s writing and arguing skills and other procedures as necessary;
- Successful completion of Research Methodology (VPKN874) with at least 60% and presentation of an acceptable research proposal are required to progress to the second study year. The studies of students who do not comply with the criteria may be terminated.
Master of Nursing Science
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and at least 60% in the research methodology module of the B degree
At least 60% in Psychiatric Nursing in basic/previous qualification
Students must attend an interview before they get selected
Students must work in a Psychiatric unit (hospital, clinic or community institution, state or private)
Obtained at least 60% in the research methodology module of the B degree or equivalent qualification.
Please send your application form and supporting documents to Ilse.Botha@nwu.ac.za
- For any Post Graduate information please visit: http://www.nwu.ac.za/postgrad-home
Due to severely restricted numbers of study supervisors that can currently take new students, a restricted amount of students will be selected for 2019.
- Documents submitted with application
- Essay on a current health issue
- Assessment of academic literacy
- Possible selection panel interview
- Applications close 30 September 2018 for 2019.
For study fees enquiries please contact:
Only web and online bursary applications will be accepted
E-mail address: PC-PostGradBurs@nwu.ac.za
Webpage address: http://www.nwu.ac.za/student/bursaries-and-loans