10th Child Health Priorities Conference
Survive, Thrive & Transform
Championing change for children
28 – 30 November 2019
Johannesburg airport (OR Tambo) is the closest international airport (120 kilometres from Potchefstroom) and the point of entry for most national- and international travelers. There is no public transport between OR Tambo and Potchefstroom and you will have to explore one of the possible following options:
- Shuttle Services - please book in advance:
Some of the hotels/guesthouses offer shuttle services to and from O R Tambo. Enquire about these services when making your accommodation reservation.
- Rental Cars: Both Bidvest and Avis have offices at the airport and Potchefstroom. Bidvest is conveniently situated at the NWU Sports Village.
- Travel by bus: Catch the Gautrain from O R Tambo airport to Park Station in Johannesburg. Once at Park Station, you have the option of catching a bus to Potchefstroom from the Park City Transit Centre. Most of the major bus lines have several buses that travel from Park City Transit Centre to Potchefstroom on a daily basis. For more details search on the ticket website. There are usually two bus-stops in Potchefstroom (Sasol Garage, and Jenni’s) which are respectively about 4.5km and 3.5km from Campus. You would probably need a taxi or Bum a Lift to get to your place of stay. Uber does not currently operate in Potchefstroom.
- Travel in Potchefstroom: Transport between your hotel/guest house and the Campus for the duration of the conference is delegates' own responsibility. For unique travelling in Potchefstroom you can make use of Bum a Lift which is a Tuk Tuk charter service run by young people and is really affordable. Number: +27 (0)65-889-4315 or a message on Facebook.
- Find your way to North-West University, Potchefstroom